Thursday, September 2, 2010

Walt Disney

It takes the slightest thing to inspire me. Which is good in a way I guess, seeing as I'm trying to work ot what goal it is I want to achieve in life, in particular with my career.

Perhaps a year ago I saw the Disney movie "Meet the Robinsons." I found it so beautiful, sweet and touching, as well as funny in the usual brand of Disney humour. I think I was moved because of the story of the orphaned boy, and how the message of hope rang throughout the film and highlighted to him, that even he, was wanted and had a bright promising future.

No less inspiring was what came at the end of the film, when a Walt Disney quote came up after the conclusion, totally catching me off guard:


"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
-Walt Disney


I was absolutely moved to tears. I had to struggle against them since I was at work at the time, and didn't want a fellow work colleague to walk by and go "she's crying at a Disney movie?"

In my current search for inspiration and guidance, as I think of my writing, as I ponder creating personalised videos, my sudden recollection of seeing this quote, and tracking it down, gives me hope that my silent questions are being answered, and also, that everything will be ok.

Everything will be just fine. In the words of the inspiring and self-help author Louise Hay, "All is Well in My World."

No comments:

Post a Comment