Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oh my gosh, so sweet

This week has been a cake kinda week.



I made Collingwood inspired cupcakes on Friday night, in support of my team ACTUALLY winning. But that didn't happen. We still enjoyed the cupcakes though. I bought (most of) them to the grand final party Hubbie and I were invited to: they were a chocolate quick-mix cupcake with a dark chocolate ganache as frosting, and white chocolate melts and white chocolate bits as decoration, to give the effect of a 'magic mushroom' as the recipe called it. But I looked at it as black and white colours, (if you squint) therefore Collingwood cupcakes.

They were good.

Then we saw some of our other footy mad friends on Sunday arvo, and I received a whole plate full of leftover cakes from their grand final footy party the day before.

There was a combination of tiramisu, white chocolate cheesecake and also chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing, and white choc bits throughout it, to represent the Maggies.

YYUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

All soooooo good.

So this whole week I have been having, like, 2 cakes a day. Taking them to work, eating it with dinner/lunch.

Today I've come in to work, and it's my boss' birthday. And guess what is on one of the benches here: small little teeny tiny cupcakes.

YUM!

I've just eaten one, and thank goodness for it's size as they are so incredibly sweet. The icing is so sweet, it makes the vanilla flavoured Melbourne black tea I'm drinking not taste so sweet. And I have sugar in the tea.

Now that's sweet.

Funnily enough I was observing my bare midriff before having a shower earlier today, astonished by myself at the fact that with no willpower, and no considerate focused effort, my little womanly bump that was once my stomach has gotten smaller.

I know I shouldn't be so picky with myself (but I am me, and I'm allowed to be how I like I think) but in my dangeorus pursuit of perfection, I want to have a flat tummy. I've seen supermodels on the catwalk with a similar type stomach to mine: you know the one that has a slight bulb in the lower stomach? It's just genetics and the type of body you have. I know that. But it's still not good enough for me. And seeing supermodels like that made me feel a little better. But I'm Miss S and I'm stupidly difficult.

So should I eat more cake? Will that do it? LOL. Can you imagine the joy for women around the world "Eat more cake, you will get a flat belly!"

As much as I wished that were the case for me and my fellow women around the world, I have a feeling that it's more to do with my changed lifestyle since marriage: eating less carbs (mum used to stuff me with them), doing housework (I was a princess at home with my parents) and also the stairs at home. Yes those stairs, the stupid ones I fell down. When I walk properly and I'm not tripping over stupid slippers, I walk up and down the stairs, and I think all this combined eating differently, and being physically-active activity has done it. And an attitude of constantly looking at my midriff and saying "it's flatter."

Honestly, I do not lie, I really believe that saying postive affirmations to yourself works. But you have to take steps towards reaching your goal as well. Which in a roundabout way, I have done.

So, how did I get from deliciously sweet cakes to my stomach?

I don't care. All I care about is that I have one of my Collingwood cupcakes waiting for me in my locker, to have as dessert after my dinner tonight...... :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment