Monday, July 26, 2010

Sudden Noises Hurt my Head

Ouch.



The night after a BIG night is always painful. Big nights are always so spontaneous, never really ever planned out too meticulously, or too far in advance, but somehow, on a night before having to go to work, Hubbie and I end up drinking, and drinking, and singing and partying. Really hard. And now I'm here. At work.


My key strokes are s-l-o-w. The monitors are too bright. My brain thinks of a task, and my body reluctantly follows the instructions, with a via satellite-type delay. Random voices, laughter, that floats to me from other not-far-enough areas of the work area are too LOUD. I flinch. Just shut up, will you? Don't be so loud and happy on a Monday morning. It's annoying, irritating. It hurts my head.


Shhhhhhhhh. Everyone, just shush. Please. Be Quiet.


"Red, red WINNNNEEEEEE. Stay close to meeeeeee." Yes I'm paying for it now.

3 comments: