Friday, July 16, 2010

My flourishing Flower turned to wilt

When I was 12 I first gained you
Smiling shining bright.
You and your crew
Were so happy and new


I placed you both in my flower box,
To watch you grow
I didn't know it yet
But you were my pride and joy

I watered you with love
Fun times and encouragement
You smiled at me each and every day
Your petals bloomed the brightest yellow

Pretty as a picture
Bright as a daisy
Your eyes glistened in awe;
As a baby stared at its mother

And I in turn
Looked at you with care
I nurtured and tended to you both
But you especially, were my pet


I'd always thought of you as one of my own
A Mini-me it seemed; more naive though
And so when it all went down
I felt that Mini-me break off and shatter


When was the moment
That you stopped the awe
When that glisten in your eyes disappeared
Replaced by that fictional matte red?

I nurtured you, I cared
I watered your roots
And you let another
Cut them off, for frivolity's sake

Why do you speak ill of others,
But choose their seeds over mine?
How do you think I feel
When I see you two together: do you speak thoughtlessly of my being?

Why do you say 'I love you?'
I don't care, they're just words
I want your actions to speak louder
To show me that you don't forget


Are you clouded?
Does the sun not shine at your place anymore;
In my window sill it does
However that is a home you don't reside at

Are you confused?
Is your soil not supplemented with rich nutrients;
Mine is
But that is just a distant memory to you now


I didn't realise I cared for you so
And until you left, that is when I learnt
How much of you, you were in me
And now you've uprooted to a new abode


I wish you luck in your new garden
But I hope you never forget
The times and laughs we shared
And you wouldn't be here if not for me


A part of me wishes for your leaves to turn brown
Your petals to wither and fade;
Would you turn to me?
Or keep on going away....


Your memory cannot escape me
The times they will never evade me
And it's sad to think when I hear of you
I sigh, and wonder where it all went wrong.



"The maggot seed that does uproot

It holds with its claws with the tightest of might

It twists and turns and brings about

The darkest shade of night


It takes a little spring of hope

To clear the evil away

The water cleanses, brings fresh air

The dark then turns to Day


Why is it that the maggot seed should ever stay?

When all it does is cause havoc

Why should a thing like this exist?

Malevolence veiled in a shrubbery of smock


The role of the maggot is not to hurt

Or to take all the goodness away

It lives in our gardens, silent and lurking:

It's sole intention - to make us stray."

No comments:

Post a Comment