Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The guy that tried to steal me away

I was chatting to this guy on Saturday night.



You see, I was at this 40th birthday party, in a restaurant that had been booked out by the hostee in question, and I was talking to this guy. He was the one who first approached, and that's how we began to talk.


He asked my name, we spoke about our backgrounds, occupations, what we liked to do.....


He was good looking. I was very attracted to him. He started talking about how in some instances he can be aggressive. I thought to myself 'ooooh, what is he trying to say?'


And so I asked "In what way are you aggressive? Should I be concerned here?"


"No, no," he responded reassuringly. He looked up, trying to gather the right words. "I guess you can say, in more of a.... sexual way. I can be sexually aggressive when it matters."

Staring into my eyes. With deep intention.


This man was cracking onto me!


"Well," I started to respond. "That doesn't sound half bad, I have to admit."


I smiled demurely.

We continued to chat for a while. My Sis and her Hub were also at the party, and so when they eventually joined me, I introduced them to him, and they all shook hands, exchanging names.


However, after a while it got too much for me to handle. I just had to know. So I asked him "are you here with your girlfriend?"


"No."

That wasn't enough info for me. So I prodded.


"What, you've left her at home?"

"No, I don't have a girlfriend." Small smile followed.


"Oh, ok." Pause. "So you're single?"


The quiet smile that had been on his face now erupted into a huge grin, almost from ear to ear. He began to laugh. His eyes relaxed as did the rest of his face.

He whispered: "I can't do it, I can't say it."


I smiled back "But it's to me honey! I know what you mean."

My Hubbie had been trying to pick me up all over again. And he couldn't even tell me, his wife, that he was single, for fantasy scenarios sake. That's how much he feels for me.


My darling. How much I love him so.

And everything that transpired really did happen. We did re-introduce him to my Sis and her Hub, only because they'd been missing for so long, mingling around with everybody there. So really, although they didn't know what was happening and thought we were only kidding, it was all falling perfectly into place for our little game.

It was sort of bitter-sweet, because as much as I wanted to take advantage of him, he rejected my advances, in not being able to tell me he was single. In our little pretend world, he couldn't admit out loud that he was unattached, because then it would have been admitting like his wife didn't exist.

Which is the precise reason why it's so sweet. He was thinking of his wife, his REAL life.


So when you think about it, it's actually sweet-sweet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment