Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bring cookies to work... people will love you for it

Yes I made cookies. Last night in fact. There's a recipe I came across just last week, and I decided to make these easy sweets.
I ended up with a batch on the weekend - see, the recipe results in two long logs of cookie dough - and last night I decided to bake the refrigerated log to bring in to work today, as it is my boss' birthday.
All together now...... AWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
I knew the cookies were good, since I'd already tried them of course. Taste-testing is an absolute MUST when cooking, and as these were my second batch, they were even better than the first, as I was now aware of not over-cooking them in my fan-forced oven.
Yes, my boss was happy. In fact, most of the guys here at work were too.
I'm feeling quite successful right now. Like a regular Nigella Lawson. All these compliments, watching all these fellow employees around me walk up to my bosses desk, eye off the cookies, proceed to bite in and chew, and then glance apporvingly in my direction with a smile and a nod.
Very good.
So my lesson for today is: if you want people to like you at work, bring cookies. Or any other sweet-flavoured food that will aid in the release of endorphins in their bodies.
Yes they could like you for you. And you could spend your days trying to be nice, and making friends the long way, the old-fashioned way.
But fulfilling their sweet hunger is the quick fix to making EVERYONE happy. And chocolate chip nut cookies are REALLY yummy....

No comments:

Post a Comment