Friday, June 3, 2011

There's something in the air

I haven't written in this blog for soooo long. So I guess there's no time like the present to let you know about the weather today.

Waking up, though we're still only a few days into Winter (and I remind you that it is a Melbourne Winter which means it started in April) I actually felt on the warm side, and didn't need to grab at my nightgown as soon as I stepped out of bed.

I thought to myself "naughty weather, you can't trick me," and still dressed appropriately for what I felt would be a cold day: 17 degrees, bit breezy with isolated showers. I didn't go over-the-top with a long jacket or anything, we just came off a few days of cold but sunny 19 degree weather.

And maybe that's what it is. Coming off of those sunny winter days, although still cold, the air had a warm tinge to it this morning as I walked into work, magenta beanie, oversized white wooly scarf protecting me from any bayside breezes that may come my way. But no jacket of course.

And as I sit here at my desk, I have that feeling. You know the one you get when you're in the midst of summer, and suddenly a cold change comes along, with rain and wind and all? I've got that feeling, that sense that a change is near, a 180 gust that will move with it all nature, people and events. A change is around the corner, and it's unexpectedness and unpredictability is a most welcome relief.

But then again it could just be because today is Friday and everyone is super relaxed:)

P.S I'm up to chapter 5 of my book! (Fist pump, go me!)

P.P.S Stay tuned to this space, as I will soon be filling you in on perhaps the biggest of the past month's events, the one including THE MOUSE. Why should I keep this story to myself, when I could be sharing my spent pain, agony, and paranoia with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment